Not all the schools of Spain have their holidays at the same time. More or less, each autonomous community has its own calendar.
To summarize, each area will have:
- One or two weeks holidays in Feb.
- One or two weeks holidays in April.
- One month and half holidays in July/August.
- One or two weeks holidays in Autumn.
- One or two weeks for Christmas/New year eve.
When the schools are closed, no contact with the families/students/teachers/principal can be done.
An exchange in September has to be confirmed, by the participant, before the 5th of June to give enough time to the Spanish school to be ready for September when the school reopens.